Employee Next of Kin Privacy Notice
At Priority we are committed to protecting your privacy. Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles.
In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- processing is fair, lawful and transparent
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
- we comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
We will process your contact details for the purpose of communication in the event of an incident or emergency involving the employee who provided your contact details. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary to achieve our legitimate interest, namely providing for the welfare of our employees.
We will not share your personal data with anyone outside of the organisation, unless legally obliged to by the emergency services.
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such.
We will retain all personal data we have obtained relating to you until the termination of the employment of the employee who has provided us with your details, at which point your personal data will be deleted.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you:
- the right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it;
- the right of access to the data we hold on you.
- the right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you, however they come to light, to be corrected.
In addition to the above rights, you also have the unrestricted right to object to us processing your personal data, or asking us to delete it. If you exercise either of these rights we receive either of these, we will remove your contact details from our records.
You can exercise any of the rights listed above by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this notice. If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we processed your personal data or your request to exercise a right, you can lodge a complaint with the ICO at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.
Priority is incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 2324765 and whose registered office is at 5 Batten Road, Downton, Salisbury SP5 3HU
Our appointed Data Protection Officer in respect of our data protection activities is Clement Hopking. He can be contacted by:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- letter at 5 Batten Road, Downton, Salisbury SP5 3HU,
- telephone on 01725 515000