Customer and Supplier Employees Privacy Notice
The General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA18”) have replaced the old Data Protection Act 1998, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
Under DPA18, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- all processing is fair, lawful and transparent
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
- we comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
At Priority we are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy applies when we are acting as a controller of personal data, i.e. where we have determined the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data. It applies where we process personal data relating to self-employed customers and suppliers and employees of our customers and suppliers.
We will process your personal data for the purposes of communication with our customers and suppliers, ensuring any products or services exchanged between us satisfy agreed requirements and maintaining records. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary to achieve our legitimate interest, namely the supply of our products/services and maintaining a business relationship with your employer.
We will retain all personal data we have obtained relating to you for a maximum of 10 years following the last contact we have with you, to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will share your personal data with customers and suppliers only to the extent that the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the purposes of the supply of our products/services and maintaining a business relationship with you or your employer.
As you are providing us with your personal data, it is important to us that you are aware of the following rights that you have in relation to our processing of that personal data.
- You can be provided with a copy of any personal data concerning you that we process, unless that would affect the rights and freedoms of others. You can also be provided with information on how that personal data is processed by us.
- You can have us rectify any personal data of yours that we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, you can also ask us to erase or restrict the use of any of your personal data that we process.
- You can object at any time to our processing of your personal data on grounds related to your particular situation.
- You can object at any time to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of the rights listed above by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this notice. If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we processed your personal data or your request to exercise a right, you can lodge a complaint with the ICO at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.
Priority is incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 2324765 and whose registered office is at 5 Batten Road, Downton, Salisbury SP5 3HU
Our appointed Data Protection Officer in respect of our data protection activities is Clement Hopking. He can be contacted by:
- email at email@example.com,
- letter at 5 Batten Road, Downton, Salisbury SP5 3HU,
- telephone on 01725 515000